- Industrial Forensics Services
- Laboratory Services
- Litigation Services
- Laboratory Informatics Solutions
Location: Pennsylvania - Headquarters, Monroeville, PA
Job Reference Code: PETRORJL
Status: Full Time
Department: Construction Materials
For more than 25 years, RJ Lee Group's scientific and investigative resources have provided the competitive edge by defining solutions. As the field of Industrial Forensics advanced and embraced more sophisticated and complex issues such as nanoparticles and electronic materials, RJ Lee Group determined that the need for in-depth resolution was essential and that a single solution was no longer acceptable. Today RJ Lee Group’s expert scientists address these issues and can investigate the entire product life cycle including regulatory compliance in the workplace. The resolution RJ Lee Group brings to industry using precise scientifically sound techniques often provides the competitive edge needed to advance in the market and increase the bottom line.
RJ Lee Group, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced concrete Petrographer. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the composition and structure of materials commonly used in building construction, with emphasis on concrete and concrete aggregates, and associated deterioration mechanisms of such materials.
- Investigate concrete samples according to ASTM C856 and other standards using a stereo-optical microscope, polarized light microscope and SEM with EDS
- Work independently and also participate in multidisciplinary, collaborative investigations and team-oriented problem solving with other materials characterization specialists.
- Work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that demands strong leadership skills to successfully deliver solutions to client problems on time.
- Interact with clients on a regular basis to determine their needs and present findings to them
- Train and supervise lab technicians on daily operations
- Interpret data and prepare final reports
- Coordinate related testing with other laboratories within RJ Lee Group
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. in Geology or Materials Science; advanced degree preferred
- 5 years minimum experience required working under the supervision of an experience concrete petrographer
- Exceptional ability in petrography
- Course work in optical mineralogy
- Experience with analytical techniques desired
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite software
- Intellectual curiosity, problem-solving abilities
- Strong motivation to learn and grow
- Ability to relate well with co-workers at all levels
- Ability to work independently or with a team and to prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
RJ Lee Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RJLG is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a variety of positions. All salaries are determined based upon prior experience and qualifications. RJLG is an equal opportunity employer.