ChemistPost by: Connor Kelly
- 3:48PM Jul 13, 2018
- Comments off
The Chemist is responsible for maintaining, trouble shooting and repairing GC, GCMS, etc. Further, the GCMS Chemist will provide analysis of environmental samples including air, water, soil, and waste.
- Calibrate, maintain and operate analytical instrumentation, LC/MS/MS, GC/MS, GC, ICPMS, etc.
- Develop, validate and implement analytical methods (ICPMS, GC, GCMS, LC/MS/MS etc.) and testing procedures in accordance to methodologies. (TO-15, TO-17, SW-846 methods 6020, 8260 and 8270)
- Instrument operation and maintenance procedures for the laboratory instrumentation, which includes troubleshooting of instrument problems and instrument applications.
- Review and Maintain Quality Control (QC) records and other technical data.
- Document and train others in EPA and NIOSH methodologies.
- Evaluate continually the safety of laboratory working conditions and arrange for necessary corrections to be made.
- Operate a mobile laboratory and become proficient in the use of a PTRMS instrument.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation problems, calibrations, and quality assurance practices and protocols.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in chemistry with 1+ years of experience.
- Experience with calibration and analysis in accordance with NIOSH and EPA methods is desired.
- Experience in laboratory Quality Assurance/Quality Control desired.
- A strong knowledge of general software applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and other commercial software such as laboratory information management systems (LIMS) is required.
RJ Lee Group, Inc. offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program