Laboratory Technician PLMPost by: Connor Kelly
- 5:02PM Jan 28, 2019
- Comments off
Entry level position to work in production laboratory to perform standardized tests on materials to determine the identity and quantity of asbestos present in a variety of materials. Prior experience working with polarized light microscopes (PLM) in a laboratory setting is strongly preferred. Educational and/or work experience in geology, biology, or materials characterization is preferred.
- Conducts and observes standardized tests following test parameters and, as required, obtains and records data or ensures data has been captured by an automated system.
- Performs bulk asbestos analysis using polarized light microscopy (PLM)
- Ability to perform all QA/QC procedures
- Troubleshoots problems encountered with lab equipment.
- Maintains and makes minor adjustments to lab equipment.
- Engages in safe work practices and advises supervisor on improvements to test equipment fabrication, installation, and operation to ensure a safe laboratory operation.
- Prior experience with PLM is strongly desired.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced laboratory environment
- Mechanical skills and aptitude
- Experience in use of optical microscopes preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Strong motivation to learn and grow
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team and to prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
RJ Lee Group, Inc. offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program