Laboratory Technician – Powder MetalsPost by: Connor Kelly
- 10:48AM Mar 15, 2018
- Comments off
RJ Lee Group is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for the Powder Metals Department. This position requires a 40-hour work week and flexibility for overtime and shift work. This position is responsible for the receipt, storage and processing of inbound samples.
- Sample handling from login to scientific analysis
- Sample Preparation of powder metal samples using heavy liquid separation which involves hazardous materials.
- Sample analysis using Scanning Electron Microscopy.
- Other sample preparation as needed; may include sieving, weighing, dry dispersion of mineral particulate samples, SEM and TEM sample preparation employing various laboratory techniques.
- Adhere to work practices in a cleanroom environment.
- Project coordination, data tabulation, record keeping, and tracking of customer samples.
- Must respond efficiently to client requests for information, services and have a commitment to provide outstanding service.
- Receive laboratory consumables and supplies.
- Interact daily with Laboratory Manager, supervisor and staff.
- Label chemicals and maintain a stringent chemical inventory and sample container inventory.
- Assists the QA officer with quality related issues on sample management.
- May potentially cross train for sample preparation and analysis.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be able to wear a respirator and personal protection gear.
- Associates Degree in a related Science or Technology field or a High School degree with two years of industrial or scientific experience.
- Must complete a method training program under an experienced scientist
- Must be able to demonstrate acceptable results for the field of interest.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Mechanical skills and aptitude
- Familiar with technical /scientific jargon
- Read and follow schematics; equipment manuals; blueprints and drawings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Strong motivation to learn and grow
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team and to prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
RJ Lee Group, Inc. offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program