Materials Scientist – Applied PhysicsPost by: RJ Lee Group News
- 4:31PM May 25, 2017
- Comments off
RJ Lee Group, a leading materials characterization and testing firm, is currently seeking a Materials Scientist with an Applied Physics background to collaborate with other technical associates to plan, design, coordinate, and control the progress of project work to meet internal and external client objectives. These projects can involve materials like metals, plastics, ceramics, glass, minerals, concrete, composites, electronics, and consumer products. Typically, our clients are interested in learning the root cause of a failure, identification of foreign material, or the measurement of a property that they lack the capability to measure themselves.
The scientist in this position would be responsible for communicating the results over the phone and/or authoring and issuing final reports to the client. Familiarity with modern materials characterization instrumentation and techniques is required. The successful candidate should have a wide range of experimental skills as well as a deep understanding and ability to apply fundamental physical principles. The incumbent must also perform highly complex laboratory functions with a variety of laboratory instrumentation and engage in project oversight. This position may also support small and large litigation projects. These projects are often related to a technical question that may be related failure, processing issues or patent infringement. Typically, litigation projects are conducted as part of a small team. It is possible that litigation projects may involve expert testimony.
RJ Lee Group is a small company with a wide range of subject matter experts and a large collection of analytical equipment. The ideal applicant would be a self-starter capable of working independently. The ability and desire to do hands-on work is important. An intuition for applying the scientific method to novel problems coupled with the ability to efficiently design experiments is critical.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Physics or Material Science is strongly desired. M.S. in similar fields with at least 5 years of relevant experience or a BS in similar fields with 10 years’ experience will also be considered.
- Excellent Oral and writing communications skills.
- Proficient with SEM.
- Familiarity with use and/or application of analytical techniques is preferred. Including: TEM, XRD, XPS, EBSD, FTIR, Raman, GC-MS, ICP, EDS, etc.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a small team.
- Programming experience in MATLAB, Python, or similar language is a plus.
- Experience with fractographic Analysis is a plus.
- Ability to build and deliver Presentations and present at Seminars or in Webinars
RJ Lee Group, Inc. offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program