Our field services team is experienced in on site services as well as laboratory techniques and methodologies. Working together across multiple disciplines we provide our clients with thorough field evaluations and uncompromised sample procurement ensuring we have defined and surveyed the parameters our client has designated.
Adhering to site-specific safety protocols, RJ Lee Group’s field services expertise spans multiple environments from hospital pharmacies to steel manufacturing plants to underwater evaluations of piers. We are versed in NIOSH, OSHA, EPA and ASTM methodologies and use the most appropriate sampling techniques the circumstances require along with the best field instrument technologies available. Our project experience includes:
Protecting people and critical environments:
- evaluation of confined spaces at chemical manufacturing plants;
- monitoring steel workers for exposures to lead and other airborne contaminants;
- air sampling in open-pit quarries and underground mines;
- community air sampling in urban areas adjacent to major highways, tunnels, wastewater treatment plants, and other sources of environmental contamination;
- surveys of surface contamination with antineoplastic and other hazardous drugs in oncology pharmacies and treatment areas;
- oversight for safety and infection control during hospital construction;
- external review and audit of hospital environmental health & safety programs;
- indoor environmental quality (IEQ) investigations in Class-A office spaces, residences, and critical areas such as neo-natal intensive care units in hospitals.
Evaluating buildings and infrastructure:
- high-rise office buildings (including electrical and mechanical systems)
- bridges (including metallurgical, corrosion and submerged piers)
- concrete support members associated with elevated railroads, highways, and high-rise office buildings.
- extended community air monitoring and inspections during abatement and demolition of buildings at the World Trade Center site;
- oversight during remediation of mold and water-damaged materials from buildings and homes in the Gulf Coast region following Hurricane Katrina;
- environmental contamination and damage assessments following accidents or incidents involving hazardous materials.
Mobile Laboratory for Identification and Measurement of VOCs
RJ Lee Group’s Mobile Organic Monitoring Lab is equipped with a full complement of air monitoring instrumentation for screening of VOCs and other airborne contamination to meet federal and state minimum levels in both indoor and outdoor air.
To learn more about the Mobile Organic Monitoring Lab, watch our video.
Proton Transfer Mass Spectrometer (PTR-MS)
The mainstay of the mobile lab is the Proton Transfer Mass Spectrometer (PTR-MS), an instrument that monitors a continuous flow of sampled air on line and in real time with detection sensitivity to the parts per trillion range for common VOCs. The PTR-MS also does not require pre-treating samples and has no carrier gas requirements. Common VOC contaminants that are detected by the PTR-MS include:
- Chlorinated solvents
- BTEX compounds
- PBCs, pesticides and agricultural emissions
- Chemicals from smoke and fires
The Ideal Air Monitoring Solution
- Site and environmental monitoring
- Contaminant plume location and concentration levels graphically pinpointed in real time using GPS mapping data.
- Atmospheric research
- Air quality testing on military bases and in air base hangars
- Agricultural air monitoring
- Air quality screening for worker safety
- Measurement of chemical emissions of building materials
- Measure variations in ambient air contamination within 24 hours and detect VOC concentrations in indoor environments at a distance of over 100 feet without loss of monitoring sensitivity.
- Vapor Intrusion detection
- Pharmaceutical, cosmetics and toiletries manufacturing
- Micro-electronic manufacturing
- Breath analysis as a medical diagnostic tool
- Food research
For more information, click here or call 1-800-860-1775, option 3, then 2.