RJ Lee Group offers analyses for determination of total and respirable crystalline silica in both air and bulk materials for a variety of industries, including industrial hygiene, mining, and manufacturing.
Air Sample Analysis – Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS)
In April 2016, the Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) passed new regulations for RCS. The regulations include a reduction in the permissible exposure limit (PEL) to 50 micrograms per cubic meter (µg/m3 ) and an action level of 25 µg/m3. Employers in the construction industry are required to comply with the new standards by June 23, 2017 and general industry by June 23, 2018.
RJ Lee Group’s AIHA accredited laboratory provides the sampling media and performs the analysis for RCS using the NIOSH 7500 methodology. Our laboratory program meets requirements set forth in Appendix A (ref. 29 CFR 1910.1053 and 29 CFR 1926.1153) of the new OSHA standards.
Why our customers use RJ Lee Group’s laboratory:
- Free sampling media and standard shipping to your location
- Color coded and uniquely numbered filter cassettes
- Low reporting limits (5 µg per filter)
- Results typically issued within 5 working days (air samples)
- Capability to ID and evaluate interfering minerals
- Full scan mineral ID services by XRD
- ICDD PDF-2 and PDF-4 reference library (link here?)
- Multi-analytical characterization
- Reliable and clean sample preparation methods (plasma asher **)
- State-of-the-art instrumentation
- Technical support
- Competitive prices
** NIOSH permits the ashing technique (asher, muffle furnace or plasma ashing) or the chemical dissolution technique to measure RCS. RJ Lee Group was instrumental in proving the plasma ashing method to be more effective than the asher or muffle furnace in returning accurate measurements from workers’ cyclone air filters. Read more here.
To learn more about Respirable Crystalline Silica Testing, please call us at 1.800.860.1775, option 4, then 5, then 1, or click the button below.