We specialize in state-of-the-art materials characterization methodologies and techniques.
Materials characterization is the process by which physical, chemical, mechanical and microstructural properties of materials are measured and determined. Once the properties of a given material are characterized and understood, this information can provide the higher level of understanding that is needed to resolve important issues such as cause of failure and process-related problems, as well as to make critical materials decisions.
What is Different about Materials Characterization Today?
As materials and devices become increasingly complex, the methods and techniques used to study and characterize them, in-turn, need to be increasingly sophisticated. At RJ Lee Group we house one of the largest collections of electron beam instruments in the world. These instruments are capable of imaging at low magnification for surface surveys and ultra-high magnification for scrutiny of nano-scale materials and features. We also have one of the most comprehensive analytical facilities available under-one-roof for evaluation of organic and inorganic compounds and materials. We apply both standardized analytical methods and specialized application-specific advanced techniques to support technical endeavors including:
- Failure Analysis
- Product Development
- Identification of Unknown Substances and Contaminants
- De-formulation and Reverse Engineering
- Material Comparisons
- Specialized Method Development
Why Use RJ Lee Group?
For over 30 years we have been providing expert consultation and analytical services, establishing ourselves as your trusted advisor in accurate data collection and information generation. Our goal is to ensure that the most important aspect of any endeavor is to meet and exceed your requirements no matter at what stage of your product’s life cycle.
- We routinely work with the newest material innovations which places our staff in the best position to identify and apply advanced analytical methods and characterization techniques based on the requirements of the investigation
- Our experience working with advanced materials and techniques supports a more accurate interpretation of the resulting data. Having accurate results leads to a better understanding of the macro-, micro- and nano-scale properties and their interactions within these advanced materials. At the same time it expands our capabilities when studying conventional materials and components.
- We discuss these analytical results with our clients to provide understanding of how they impact their products and then, when appropriate, provide a plan of action for quality assurance, process control and product improvement.
To learn more about our Materials Characterization laboratory and consulting services, please call us at 1.800.860.1775, option 4, then 5.