Submit a Sample
We have made it easy for you to submit samples. Everything you need to guide you through the process is on this page, presented in easy-to-follow steps. We have provided chain of custody forms, information to request sampling media, blanks for environmental sampling, and shipping labels. Just fill in the information, package your sample, enclose the documents, attach the shipping label, and notify the lab your samples are on their way.
Note: Our offices will be closed July 4th for the holiday. This may affect analysis’ turnaround times. Thank you, and have a wonderful 4th!
How to Submit a Sample for Analysis
1. If necessary, contact the laboratory by phone to request any sample media or blanks (1.800.860.1775 option 3).
2. Complete a Chain of Custody (COC).
3. Make sure that the COC includes the following information:
- Sample identification
- Type of analysis requested
- Sample volume and wipe areas (where applicable)
- Analysis turnaround time (TAT)
- Unless otherwise notified, all samples are logged in and processed for standard turnaround time (TAT) as indicated in the chart below.
- Report To: Name, address, phone number, and email address
- Bill To: Name, address, phone number, and email address. Include purchase order and/or credit card information
- Special instructions (if any)
- Signature and printed name, phone number, and email address of the person remitting the sample
- Attention to (if known)
4. Notify the laboratory by phone or use the contact form below (1.800.860.1775).
5. Ship your Sample.
- You are responsible for all shipping costs and any special handling fees (e.g., hazardous materials or international destinations) as well as costs associated with return shipping of sample containers and samples.
- Download shipping labels.
Notify the Lab
Use the form below to notify the lab that your sample is on its way. Please indicate if you need expedited turnaround times. This will allow for any required laboratory preparation so that we can meet your TAT needs.
Unless notified otherwise, all samples received will be logged and processed for standard turnaround times (TAT) as indicated below.
TAT is measured in business days. For example, a sample arriving today for 1-Day TAT would be due at the end of the next business day.
Same-day TAT (anything less than 24 hours) is also available for some testing services. Both same-day TAT and 1-day TAT require 24-hour advance notice and samples must be received by 10 AM the day of analysis.
Sample Receiving Hours
We receive your samples Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Please notify client services (1.800.860.1775) if you need to send samples to be received outside of normal business hours. Any samples received after 12 PM or on weekends will be logged in the next business day.
RJ Lee Group Headquarters Laboratory
Monroeville, PA from 8 AM to 5 PM (EST)
Center for Laboratory Sciences
Pasco, WA from 8 AM to 5 PM (PST)
We will provide standard sampling media at no charge, provided the media are returned for analysis. You are responsible for all overnight shipping charges. You will also be responsible for the cost, including shipping, of any specialty media requested. If you need help selecting appropriate sampling media, contact client services (1.800.860.1775). We will walk you through the process so that your samples are collected properly.
Blanks for IH And Environmental Analysis
Some analytical methods require that blank samples be included with every batch of samples submitted. We will provide blanks at no charge provided they are returned for analysis. When submitting large numbers of samples, typically one blank should be included for every 10 samples. Blank samples are analyzed as a standard sample and invoiced at standard sample rates. If you need blanks, call (1.800.860.1775).