Environmental Health & Safety
EH&S deals with the impact that our environment has on our health and safety not only in the workplace, but anywhere that pollution impacts humans, animals and plants.
Pollution affects air, water, soil and waste, chemical exposure, and even noise. Our EH&S services include:
- Sampling, Testing and Laboratory Analysis
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Field Services
- Global Harmonization
- SDS/Product Labeling
Industry’s Partner in Health and Safety
Whether testing to support product MSDS or label requirements, detecting contamination in particulate or chemicals in vapor, or examining raw material or regulated industrial waste, RJ Lee Group materials experts work with industry clients in a mutual concern for workers’ health and safety. Many production and manufacturing industries face challenges keeping the occupational environment and product-use environment clear of contaminants. RJ Lee Group’s team of experts is familiar with industry standards and guidelines that ensure occupational safety and health and can assess potential negative impacts and determine where controls are necessary.
Clean Air, Clean Workplace
Our Industrial Hygiene experts observe, consult, design, analyze, and recommend. Our involvement begins with consultation, site inspection and evaluation. After elicit the information needed to correctly assess the situation, we respond to our clients’ needs with a monitoring and sampling plan designed to specifically address their requirements. Samples are analyzed, and our experts evaluate the results and recommend a plan of corrective action. We also identify gaps in existing programs and recommend updates and modifications to policies and procedures or design a completely new plan of action.
At RJLG, we have extensive experience in designing and implementing air sampling and monitoring plans, performing environmental site assessments, and dispersion and receptor modeling plans for heavy industry. Our scientists also perform stack testing to determine trace contaminants in the air, and source apportionment plans to determine the contributions of various pollution sources to a location of interest.
Beyond Air Monitoring
We observe manufacturing processes to uncover any environmental or occupational issues and recommend changes to reduce potential exposure and contamination. Our expertise ranges from the regulatory demands of hospital pharmacy and clean room environments, to the characterization of aggregates and nuisance dust in the construction industry, to the monitoring of air in coal mines and examination of flyash from coal-burning plants. Our experts contribute to a safe and clean working environment by providing testing, prevention and control techniques such as:
- OSHA, MSHA and EPA-mandated analytical methods for clients who routinely conduct compliance monitoring for asbestos contamination, crystalline silica testing, metals and vapors
- Routine monitoring and analysis of air samples at each step in a process to establish a benchmark for acceptable clean air levels
- Nanoparticle assessments and characterization
Process monitoring to proactively identify, track and resolve consistency and cleanliness issues
- Testing to provide information for MSDS or product warning labels
- Simulation chamber studies in controlled environment to predict potential occupational exposure
- Receptor and source modeling plans for industries such as energy and mining
- Materials characterization during any step in the product life cycle
- Indoor environmental quality investigations in hospitals, pharmaceutical and microelectronic manufacturing areas
- Identification of underground environmental problems such as dusts, temperature, and humidity
- Assessment of natural and mechanical ventilation systems
To view our Industrial Hygiene features & benefits handout, click here.
To view our Industrial Hygiene Datasheet handout, click here.